- Written by TW Editors
- Published July 09, 2011
Westward Home Guidelines
1. Must be an occupied place of residence.
2. Mainly will focus on historic buildings that are decorated with the Old West in mind. Our ultimate preference is to feature homes that the owners were extremely involved in reconstructing or those who played a major role in maintaining the home's era through their selection of home decor.
3. Coverage will also include contemporary homes; these homes would have to pay homage to our American West heritage in some way, and the structure should be unique and fit the ideals of Western enthusiasts. An example of a unique aspect would be a modern home that is built into the rocks to maintain the natural environment.
4. Homes of celebrities of interest to our audience may also be submitted if the homes exhibit some link to our American West heritage.
5. Our preference is funky ranches, cozy cabins, artistic homes that reflect the personalities of their owners. We do not want to feature extravagant McMansions.
Please note: Photography guidelines for this feature differ from those presented above. We require both artistic close-ups and full shots of each of the rooms, and would like at least five to six rooms to choose from for our coverage. The owners must be shown in the photos, preferably doing what they would naturally do in the room they are being photographed in (e.g. cooking in the kitchen).