- Written by TW Editors
- Published July 08, 2011
True West Magazine's Internship Program
Get your start at the oldest, continuously published Western
Americana magazine in the world, published since 1953!
Am I Eligible?
The internship is open to full-time juniors, seniors and graduate students at U.S. colleges and universities.
When Does the Program Start?
Internships are offered all year.
What Can I Expect to Learn?
• Editorial Interns: You get to learn the nuts and bolts of putting together a magazine. You get to prepare written material for publication utilizing copyediting and page layout skills. You get to assist with social media initiatives. And you get to research and possibly write in-house editorial projects.
• Marketing Interns: You get to research and evaluate potential sales leads. You get to review and update on-going communication databases. You get to assist with social media initiatives. And you get to develop creative concepts for a variety of print and website ad projects.
What Do You Need From Me?
• A 300-word autobiographical essay sharing the qualities and accomplishments you would bring to the magazine and to the intern position you are seeking (editorial or marketing).
• A resume and cover letter (please include your projected graduation date and the date you would like to begin your internship)
• Five examples of your work (clips and CDs of multimedia work)
• Two letters of reference, at least one from faculty on school letterhead
• An interview with the editorial or marketing team
How Do I Apply?
Please send your materials via e-mail with the subject line “Internship.”